Paul Spite is also president of AFD Consulting. He is an architect with over thirty-two years of experience. For twenty-nine of those, he has managed his own firm, providing design services to clients. He is currently licensed in ten states and can be licensed in almost all others by request. Well versed in a wide variety of project types, his experience also includes extensive design of churches. Specific services include:
- ‘From A to Z on Church Building and Remodeling.’ This extensive how-to resource covers all the decisions and steps involved in facility projects made necessary by growth. It can be purchased here.
- ‘Avoidable Mistakes in Church Building and Remodeling.’ This how-not-to resource uncovers seductive traps that harm many churches undertaking physical expansion. It can be purchased here.
- Numerous building resource articles at no cost, to help guide churches through the building process.
- Full architectural services for church building projects, including:
- Land assessment for intended use, prior to purchase
- Building assessment for intended use or overall condition, prior to purchase
- Creation of preliminary concept plans for budgeting, marketing, and obtaining financing
- Research into local regulatory agency constraints and procedures
- Representation in obtaining variances or approvals
- Master site planning, including drainage and infrastructure, for future development
- Facility master planning
- New building design
- Building additions and internal and external renovation design
- As built plans used for disaster planning, space allocation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Project management services on all of the above
- Architectural licensure nationwide as needed.
Professional advice with no obligation. If you are contemplating building, and you have questions, call me. Reach me at (931) 261-3269 or send email. If I don’t have an answer, after all these years, I can still probably tell you where to find one.